Thursday, May 12, 2011

Very Tiny Blank Books

I made these tiny books out of paint chip samples today.  They were quick and easy, and I'm sure that our toy house will be full of them before long.


This is all you need:


Cut out your covers and score them lightly along the edges of the white line:


Cut strips of paper that are slightly shorter than the covers:


 

Cover the whole back of the paper with glue:


Then just carefully re-fold the paper and stick it into the cover.  If you've got a steady hand, you can write on the cover with a very fine point permanent pen before you glue them together.  I used a .005 on this one:


I want to make one with a family photo album printed on the paper inside!

These are very simple five-minute miniature books, but if you want to see some incredible tiny artists' books, check out my friend Elsa's book blog.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing!! And so so tiny! We definitely have this stuff around the house-- Cant wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas! I am here from 9 pm and still can't "go out"!:) Love this kitchen and iron and all projects! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Super, and also the skeleton idea, I am going to try both with my kids.. Thanks so much for sharing and making such lovely and detailed posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling! if only I could get paint chip samples here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. It's morphed at my house. Paint chips were too small, but made tiny photos at the kiosk at CVS--click on collages, then mini prints. Do the 9-to-a-4 x 6, cut out and glue to the pages you make as in the book instructions. Can even add a word to two... We did pictures of far-away special people....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!